SanGIS is dedicated to protecting your privacy as you use our web site. This policy addresses the collection, security, use and access of information that may be obtained through our web site.
Like most major sites, SanGIS uses log analysis tools to create summary statistics for purposes such as assessing the level of interest in information, determining technical design specifications and identifying system performance and problem areas. The following information may be collected for this analysis:
- The apparent Internet Protocol ("IP") address of your Internet Service Provider ("ISP") and/or your computer, if your computer has an IP address assigned directly to it.
- The apparent Fully Qualified Domain Name ("Domain Name") of your Internet Service Provider ("ISP") and/or your computer, if your computer has a domain name assigned directly to it.
- The type of browser used and the operating system resident on a user's computer.
- The date and time a user visited the site.
- The web pages accessed at the site, as well as any applications used and forms data.
- The downloaded file name and type (e.g. .ZIP or .PDF).
- The Uniform Resource Locator ("URL") of the site which referred you to us (if detectable).
SanGIS uses this information to identify site performance needs, to ensure compatibility with the technology used by SanGIS.org visitors, and to generally add and improve services offered on SanGIS.org. In order to accomplish those goals, from time to time, SanGIS may conduct statistical analysis of the data it collects.
In order to download GIS data layers from the regional data warehouse you will be required to register your email address and associate that email address with a specific industry sector. SanGIS uses this information as follows:
- The email address is used to validate a registered user of the data download site. Each time the site is accessed using the registered email address the date and time is logged. Periodically SanGIS will use this date and time information to remove registered users that have not logged in over a long period of time (generally two to three years).
- The email address you provide may be used by SanGIS to contact you regarding use of the site, notify you of data or website updates, or offer you a chance to complete surveys of services provided by SanGIS.
- The industry sector information you provide will be associated with the data you download in order to provide statistics for management and improvement of the SanGIS data warehouse. These data will be aggregated to provide a broad picture of the industry sectors accessing the GIS data in order to inform decisions on changes and improvements to the services and data provided.
SanGIS does not collect data for commercial purposes, and does not sell, exchange or otherwise distribute the data collected by SanGIS.org for commercial purposes. This information is not reported or used in any manner that would reveal personally identifiable information, and will not be released to any outside parties unless required to do so under applicable law.